French Polisher - London
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a French Polisher to join our team located at the Palace Laundry. As part of the prestigious Firmdale Hotels Group the Palace Laundry provides exceptional service and quality supporting all eight London based Firmdale Hotels.
This role will primarily concentrate on using traditional hand skills to prepare and treat wood furnishings in each of the London properties and ensuring five star standards are adhered to. To be successful in this role, you should have a patient approach, excellent practical skills and drive to get things right first time.
- Deciding on the type and colour of wood stain to be used
- Mixing and applying the stain
- Finishing with French polish or other finishes, such as lacquer, paint, varnish, oil and wax
- Working on new or restoring old pieces of furniture
- Working on fitted items such as staircases, wall panels and doors
- You may also be asked to do simple repairs
- Previous experience working as a French Polisher
- A methodical and patient approach
- Simple carpentry and other practical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good approach to teamwork
- Excellent personal presentation
- Superb attention to detail
As a French Polisher you will be working 40 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of French Polisher:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.