Swimming Instructors ( London)
What's your Swimming Nature?
Are you a passionate and committed swimming teacher with a talent for inspiring your students? Do you enjoy working with kids in focused, small-group classes, giving them fun and focused tuition to help them reach their goals?
Swimming Nature, the UK’s biggest independent provider of swimming tuition, is looking to recruit exceptional swimming instructors with the skills and charisma to teach children from the age of three and up. Following Swimming Nature’s award-winning teaching programme, you’ll help your young students progress through each skill level, as well as potentially taking adult classes on a 1:1 basis.
Working hours will include afternoons Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings, although additional hours may be required and flexibility will be advantageous.
- Ensuring all swimming lessons are conducted in a safe environment, follow class schedules and are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Acting as am ambassador for Swimming Nature to promote swimming in the pool and in the local area to increase member numbers.
- Developing creative and innovative classes in accordance with the Swimming Nature training programme.
- Providing exceptional customer service, offering the highest standards of personal attention and care to all swimmers.
- Accurately recording student attendance and logging their progress using Swimming Nature’s advanced, easy-to-use mobile data system
- Working closely with your area business manager to ensure the continuing commercial success of our venues.
Alongside the opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic and rewarding environment, Swimming Nature instructors enjoy a full range of employment benefits, including:
• A secure permanent position in the company, with none of the uncertainty of self-employment
• An ongoing bespoke training programme and continuing professional development
• 28 days annual leave (pro rata)
• Access to a workplace pension
• Statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity leave
• Annual appraisal and pay review
The essential ingredients
We are looking for teachers who are born to swim and keen to train in the Swimming Nature method. Applicants will need to attend an in-water interview to demonstrate they can swim to a high standard. Other requirements include:
- An ASA Level 2 or an STA Full Swimming Instructor Qualification or the equivalent international qualification;
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in a customer-facing environment;
- A current lifesaving qualification (preferred although we can provide this if necessary).
- Excellent swimming ability with up-to-date knowledge of the sport.
We'd love to hear from you. Call the Swimming Nature Recruitment Team for a chat on 020 7625 0312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.