Recreation Assistant x 1
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre (Bridge Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6YJ) offers facilities for swimming, working out in the gym, new workout class’s and a range of sporting activities such as Squash or badminton all under one roof. You can choose from a relaxing swim in the leisure pool or learn to swim.
We are currently recruiting for a Recreation Assistant to work 13.5 hours per week. The role will cover working earlies, lates and weekends, Monday - Sunday on a rota basis.
The Recreation Assistant`s role is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety.
* Provide supervision of dry-side activities.
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities.
* Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented.
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate.
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre.
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
* A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is essential.
* Hold a Pool plant operator’s certificate or equivalent is desirable.
* Hold a first aid at work qualification is desirable.
* Excellent product knowledge/experience.
* Good customer care skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Health & Safety training/awareness.
* The ability to deal with customers of all age groups and levels of ability.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.