Chef de Partie – The Belfry, West Midlands
Chef de Partie
A position has become available to join the kitchen brigade here at The Belfry as a Chef de Partie in the following departments:
- The Ryder Grill Restaurant
- Sam’s Club House
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the hospitality sector in an iconic and well renowned establishment. As Chef de Partie you must ensure the high standards are met and maintained by all, and be able to demonstrate high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring an effective and efficient kitchen operation including following quality and portion control recipes and garnish requirements as instructed.
- Supervising a designated aspect of the kitchen operation working directly by the Head Chef.
- Assisting in preparing top class cuisine using fresh local ingredients.
Other duties of the role include; ensuring a high standard of hygiene and sanitation in all food related outlets and areas of responsibility, ensuring that all food items are stored quickly and efficiently thus avoiding unnecessary quantities being held within the kitchen areas thus utilising all items made with the minimal wastage as possible, and to ensuring hotel standards and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
Key essential attributes for the Chef de Partie:
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Handles pressure calmly and professionally
- Has the enthusiasm and willingness to learn that is demanded for a luxury establishment.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and will possess a good knowledge of food and food hygiene. Proven experience in a similar role is essential. They will also ideally possess an NVQ level 2 in Food Processing & Cooking (or equivalent). Good communication skills and a passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service are essential. Flexibility in working hours will also be required as this role will require you to work shifts and weekends.
Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience) + Excellent Benefits
Contracted Hours – 40 hours per week to be worked over 5 out of 7 days.