Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Salary £28000 - £30000
We are currently looking for a full time Facilities Manager for the Sheppey Leisure Complex, Sheerness Kent.
Visitors come from all over the island for a great day out at Sheppey Leisure Complex. Located in the town centre of Sheerness, the whole family can enjoy two swimming pools as well as giant pool inflatables, Water Walkez and soft play in the Adventure World.
We also offer a state of the art fitness suite suitable for all abilities and styles of fitness training and a workout studio offering over 20 classes a week.
The Centre is responsible for the performance of the contract and assist in meeting the requirements of the specification and expectations of the Client/Organisation and Serco Leisure. You will also provide vision and leadership to ensure that the objectives of the Client/Organisation and Serco Leisure are met.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include)
* Provide strong, inspirational leadership to the contract team.
* Ensure a continuous and professional approach to staff training and development.
* Assisting in building relationships and work in partnership and build relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that the strategic objectives of the Client/Organisation and Serco Leisure are achieved.
* Assist in delivering the client’s 20/20 vision to the borough.
* Ensure all aspects of the business are effectively managed in order to provide high quality standards of service to customers.
* Adopt a pro-active approach to the development of the contract ensuring continuous improvement.
* Ensure Company health and safety policies and procedures are implemented & appropriate arrangements / procedures are in place.
* Ensure compliance with legal requirements, e.g. health and safety legislation, employment law
* Ensure actions are taken as a result of audits, events or performance
Skills and Qualifications
The Contract Manager will possess an appropriate formal qualification, Leisure/Sport related degree, DMS, Diploma member of a professional body e.g. ISPAL or IRSM or be able to demonstrate industry experience applicable to general business or the leisure industry.
You will be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
* Business Planning and Financial Control
* Communicating/managing/negotiating at Senior level
* Management of employees in a multi-discipline environment
* Effective Business Relationship Management
* Commercial aspects of leisure management
* Operational aspects of leisure management
* Management Information Systems
* Major Event Management, where appropriate
* Staff management and personnel leadership
* Communication and motivational skills
* Ability to plan effectively
* Analytical and financial skills
* Operational skills
* Communication, networking and customer care skills
* Ability to take a strategic approach to business
* Problem solving
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.