Head of Property Development, Serco Leisure
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure has over 25 years’ experience and manages 70 facilities on behalf of 22 clients, including Community Leisure Trusts, Local Authorities, Sport England and Universities. Our philosophy is based on genuine, open partnerships, working with organisations that, like us, have a “can do” attitude and a proactive approach.
The Partnership Director of the National Sports Centres is recruiting for a newly created position of Head of Property Development. The successful candidate can be based at either Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire or Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. As Head of Property Development, you will be required to provide diverse management services in a professional and ethical manner to ensure that all initiatives are effectively managed in accordance with programme, financial and standards of excellence compliance.
* Lead and direct the successful delivery of the Capital Master Plan for the National Sports Centres (Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre and Lilleshall National Sports Centre).
* Develop a sustainable environment where excellent ‘Serco Client’ liaison relationships can be formed, consistently maintained and continually developed to the mutual benefit of both parties.
* Effective leadership, direct line management and general support management of a small in number, multi-disciplined team of Project Managers and Consultants.
* Effective management and effective delivery of ‘Serco Client’ capital development plans (including associated financial management) and life cycle replacement plans (including associated financial management).
* Effective management and delivery of a diverse range of complex construction and engineering services capital projects.
* Production of property development pricing information (including life cycle replacement and general building remodelling and refurbishment pricing information) in the context of both existing business ‘re-bid’ opportunities and new business ‘bid’ opportunities on behalf of Serco Leisure Operating Limited.
Qualifications and Experience: Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent), you should be qualified in:
* Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Quantity Surveyor discipline.
* Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Building Surveyor discipline.
* A professional Project Management qualification such as ‘Prince 2’ or equivalent.
Relevant experience working in a senior role as a buildings/construction biased Quantity Surveyor, Building Surveyor or Property Development Manager is desirable.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in respect to the following:
* Production of business case submissions.
* Quantity surveying procedures including cost plans, cost reporting, the agreement of final accounts and the like.
* Production of high level programmes and time lines.
* Industry recognised procurement methods.
In return we offer a competitive salary, company car, contributory pension and 25 days' annual leave.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.