Housekeeping Evening Supervisor - Eastbourne
The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne are looking for a committed Housekeeping Evening Supervisor to join their busy Housekeeping team.
The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne, is the UK's only 5 star hotel by the sea. Situated on the unspoiled elegant Victorian seafront facing the English Channel the hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre. The hotel has 152 bedrooms and suites, swimming pool and Health Club, two restaurants, one of which is the award winning two rosettes fine dining Mirabelle. The Grand, known locally as 'The White Palace' has a reputation for fine food, service and hospitality. Recently named as one of the "30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality" by the Caterer magazine, the Grand offers a supportive environment with good learning and progression opportunities. Eastbourne, a vibrant town with a range of good shops and night-life, just 30 minutes from Brighton and 90 minutes from London, offers an excellent and affordable life-style.
Overview of role:
Your role as Housekeeping Evening Supervisor will be to assist in the smooth running of the Housekeeping department and to maintain our five star standards of cleanliness and presentation throughout the guest rooms, public areas and back-of-house. You will be responsible for supervising the evening shift, which includes turndown service and public area cleaning.
This is a part time position working part time five days per week, which will include weekends. Working hours 5pm-9pm. This is initially a maternity cover contract of one year, however there is scope for this to be extended or another position to be offered at the end of the contract. Attributes/Experience required:
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar Housekeeping position necessary.
- IT Skills would be an advantage, in particular knowledge of Opera PMS, however full training will be given.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management necessary
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage differing personalities
- A good command of English, both spoken and written
And in return....
As an Investor in People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- A share in the Company Gratuities scheme
- An Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- A childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- Fantastic company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered