Night Porter - Eastbourne
The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne are recruiting for an enthusiastic Night Porter to join our busy Front of House team.
The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne, is the UK's only 5 star hotel by the sea. Situated on the unspoiled elegant Victorian seafront facing the English Channel the hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre. The hotel has 152 bedrooms and suites, swimming pool and Health Club, two restaurants, one of which is the award winning two rosettes fine dining Mirabelle.
The Grand, known locally as 'The White Palace' has a reputation for fine food, service and hospitality. Recently named as one of the "30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality" by the Caterer magazine, the Grand offers a supportive environment with good learning and progression opportunities. Eastbourne, a vibrant town with a range of good shops and night-life, just 30 minutes from Brighton and 90 minutes from London, offers an excellent and affordable life-style.
Overview of Night Porter role:
The role of the Night Porter is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, such as welcoming late arriving guests and escorting them to their rooms, assistance with luggage, providing advice on hotel facilities as well as local places of interest, valet parking cars, preparing snacks and serving food and drinks. Please note this is a part time role working 30 hours, three nights over seven including weekends and bank holidays therefore flexibility is key.
Key skills for this role include:
- Driving licence preferred
- Possess a welcoming personality to make the Grand Hotel an experience to remember, whilst retaining the ability to be assertive when required.
- Have excellent English language skills, verbal and written.
- Be physically fit as some heavy lifting is required.
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry, or good quality customer service experience.
And in return...
As an Investor in People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- Fantastic company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered