Commis Chef - Windsor, UK
We are LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We currently have an exciting role for a Hotel Commis Chef to join us at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel. This is an excellent opportunity for someone starting out as a chef to join a fast paced environment that will include lots of development in the role. You will be assisting the Head Chef, Sous Chefs and Chef de Partie in the daily operations of all three kitchens, to achieve the required standard of food preparation and presentation to meet quality standards and customer satisfaction. You will work closely with the Chef de Parties to ensure the smooth running of all three kitchens and maintain full compliance of SOP’s. You will also take the initiative to ensure that your area of work is compliant with our strict cleanliness levels.
You will develop an interactive and unique style of service that is tailored to each client and their individual requirements. This role will involve unsociable working hours including evenings and weekends. Due to the nature of the hospitality and leisure industry you may be required to carry out tasks as specified to support the operation. You should have the ability to work closely alongside other teams within the hotel as required.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
• Educated to a good standard in a food/catering related discipline
• The ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of portion control, stock control and reducing waste
• Be prepared to work in a lively, child-orientated environment
• Work well under pressure and promote a professional working environment
• Be able to communicate at all levels as well as working on own initiative and as part of a team
• Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet set deadlines
This role is Full Time, Permanent, averaging 37.5 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 28 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of LEGO, and much more!