Part Time Receptionist - Maidstone Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Visitors come from all over the county for a fun day out at Maidstone Leisure Centre. Located in Mote Park in Maidstone, the whole family can enjoy five swimming pools as well as exciting water features, Flume, Waves and Polar Adventure.
We are currently recruiting for a part time (16 hours per week) Receptionist based at Maidstone Leisure Centre to join our friendly team. We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communications skills, either face to face or over the telephone, has a calm and approachable manner with good administrative skills and is comfortable handling cash.
3 week rolling rota within the operational hours of reception. Flexibility required for shifts between 6:15am to 10:00pm Monday to Saturday.
-To welcome all visitors to the facility in a warm and helpful manner
-Take bookings for the use of facilities by members of the public, both in person and over the phone
- Deal with cash transactions and receipts
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and ready for use carrying out a variety of cleaning tasks as required
- To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints
- To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information
- To maintain stocks of literature and brochures
- Control of persons entering the building
- To operate the lost property procedure
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications in Maths and English level C or above
- Have previous experience of working in a similar role/environment is desirable
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to handle cash and maintain records
- A good telephone manner.
- Use of IT systems (In house systems training will be given)
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.