£23,000 - £30,000 and bonus
[OTE £37,000 - £42,000]
Xercise4Less has become one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, helping people to look better, feel better and live longer. Our gyms offer excellent facilities which make fitness accessible and affordable. Given our growth plans, we are on the lookout for a General Manager who are driven and passionate about fitness to come and join our sales team here at Xercise4Less.
As a General Manager in our exciting new club, you will be heavily focused initially upon recruiting a team of Receptionists, Personal Trainers, Membership Consultants and a Sales Manager. You will support the Sales Manager to hire a driven and committed sales team to ensure that the pre-sale phase is a success.
Beyond the pre-sale phase, the role of General Manager is to manage the running of the club to include being accountable for performance across operations and sales. Effective leadership to generate front desk revenues, compliant sales and achieving sales targets is a fundamental part of the role.
- Working closely with the Regional Business Manager and sales team to ensure the Club achieves the budgeted new member target upon opening.
- Training staff so they can do a quality job in sales and operations.
- Engaging with our third party cleaning contractor to clean the Club prior to opening to ensure good service standards upon opening.
- Being accountable for service standards, colleague and member retention – all of which contribute to the bottom line of increasing sales and reducing costs.
- Motivating your team to go the extra mile in achieving targets and to delight our members.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary plus excellent commission.
- The opportunity to progress within a growing company.
- Free gym membership.
- Free mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover.
- Access to discounts at hundreds of global brands through Perkbox.
- Free car parking.
We would love you to have:
- Experience working as a General Manager in a fast paced commercial business, ideally in the leisure sector.
- Solid experience in the running of a club including front desk revenues, customer retention and service standards.
- Experience of operations and sales including experience in selling high volume low cost goods/services.
- Experience of generating effective marketing plans to generate sales.
- Impeccable leadership skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure given the fast paced nature of the role.
- A real passion for wanting to change peoples’ lives.