Receptionist - Swadlincote
Receptionist - (Front of House) Full-time temporary 6-month contract – Champneys Health Resort Springs
Reports to: Front of House Manager
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
The Receptionist is responsible for the day to day running of the Reception, ensuring a high standard of service to the guests.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Checking-in guests on arrival and completing the correct registration procedure including offering a tour and explaining the welcome pack.
- Receiving payment, issuing receipts and using the PDQ machine.
- Ensure that checking guests out on departure, client accounts are settled in full, robe controls maintained and guest satisfaction is checked.
- Preparing paperwork for the next day’s arrivals, making sure the information on the registration cards is correct, pre-payment made and allocations match the guest’s requirements.
- Posting of charges, receiving payments, issuing receipts and the correct usage of the PDQ machine following company accounting guidelines.
- Communicating with the guests, checking satisfaction, resolving conflicts and escalating if necessary.
- Having an understanding of the switchboard, accepting external and internal calls and transferring them to the correct department/room.
- Following the correct procedure to complete the “end of day”.
- Using the settlement report to balance the banking at the end of the shift.
- Liaising with housekeeping regarding additional arrivals, departures or room moves.
- To support with the continuous improvement in performance and profitability of reception.
- Carrying out any other reasonable tasks allocated by Management.
- Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
- Carry out general administration duties including filing, photocopying to fulfil the departmental needs.
- Accepting external and internal calls and transferring to correct departments and guests’ rooms.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding additional arrivals, departures and room moves. Liaise with other departments on all relevant information that may affect guest satisfaction.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Comply with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management Team.
- NVQ in Hospitality or similar advantageous
- Customer service experience essential
- Industry/hospitality/health club experience preferential
- Proven outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to communicate confidently, professionally and helpfully with guests and internal colleagues.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Polite telephone manner.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Having knowledge of the type of stays available and special offers that are running.
- Understanding the telephone system
- Can-do attitude with desire to provide first class service
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme
- Option to join private healthcare scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.