Maintenance Manager - Hotel du Vin, Exeter
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the general maintenance of the property and the management of the maintenance team to ensure that jobs are completed efficiently to ensure that the guest expectations are met during their stay.
• You will be required to allocate responsibilities to the team, complete the daily job list and preventative maintenance schedules with an eye for detail and a passion for fixing things!
• You must meet time deadlines, liaise with contractors and take responsibility for health and safety.
• You will be passionate about hospitality.
• You must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a maintenance department of a similar quality hotel is required and knowledge of electrics and health and safety are beneficial.
• Maintenance Managers must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
There's something truly magical about Devon. The artist Brian Froud references it - and especially the dramatic vistas of Dartmoor National Park - as the inspiration behind some of his best work. So welcome to our “contemporary wonderland” as Alastair Sawday dubbed us, in the heart of this sublime city. Take a step inside this iconic building, formerly the West of England Eye Hospital, where historic walled gardens and striking architecture create the backdrop for a truly special experience. As our newest property, this glorious Exeter hotel is brimming with its own charm and unique personality, distinct from our other hotels but equally impressive in its own right. Hugo Dalton was inspired to mural our lounge wall, opening out onto the magical terrace and garden perfect for sketching faeries, writing novellas or simply sipping a glass of Pinot. If the weather doesn't inspire you a short meander through our library certainly will, whilst the call of the bar and bistro is sure to tempt you with its fantastic range of bottles and beautiful French-inspired menus.