Assistant Restaurant Manager - Chippenham
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa is looking for an experienced and charismatic Assistant Restaurant Manager to work in the Michelin starred Park restaurant.
The Park is considered as a destination restaurant and offers an exemplary dining experience to residents whilst attracting non residents to the property. It is open for breakfast every day and serves dinner Tuesday to Sunday plus Sunday lunch.
Our ideal Assistant Restaurant Manager will be passionate about delivering a consistently excellent level of service and enjoy hosting front of house whilst motivating and developing a highly skilled and knowledgeable team.
Some of the responsibilities of the Assistant Restaurant Manager are:
- Ensuring the Park is cleaned and presented to a high standard at all times
- Ensuring service periods run smoothly and staffing levels are relevant
- Ensuring there is a strong relationship with the kitchen team
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in the weekly rostering of staff
- Assisting in training and appraising staff members
- Stock levels – beverages, crockery, cutlery, utensils etc are all monitored and accounted for
- Assist in monthly stocktake
- Ensure the correct charging procedure and end of day cashing up procedures are adhered to
- Ensure the department is compliant with the H&S and Food Safety policies
Experience and skills required for an Assistant Restaurant Manager:
- Minimum requirement - experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager/Senior Head Waiter – preferably Michelin star level, minimum 3 rosette
- Knowledge of beverages and fresh food
- Wine qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Licensing Laws, weights and measures
- Experience of training and appraising team members
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and guests in a professional manner
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Team player
- Passionate about guest service
- Proactive learner with initiative
- Awareness of the local market/competitors
We are offering a competitive salary for a full time role, working 48 hours over 5 days including evenings, weekends and Bank/Public Holidays. Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport to enable you to fulfil the shifts required for this role.
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Use of spa (including discounted treatments) equestrian centre, and restaurants
- Discounts on facilities and products
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux and Pride of Britain hotels
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday
THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
If you can show via your CV that you have the right experience and background for this role we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter with details of your salary expectations and what you think you could contribute to the success of Lucknam Park.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.