Bar and Lounge Manager - Chippenham
Bar and Lounge Manager
Lucknam Park is a destination resort attracting guests from far and wide. The Bar and Lounge are an important part of the property hosting a number of Afternoon Teas each day as well as serving casual dining food and pre and after dinner drinks. We are looking for a Bar and Lounge Manager to lead the team in ensuring that the highest level of service is delivered.
Responsibilities of the Bar and Lounge Manager
- To achieve the set targets with regards to sales and revenue
- Train and develop the team with regards to product knowledge, upselling, guest service
- Ensuring the bar is well stocked on a daily basis and fulfilment of adhoc requests
- Ensuring the public areas are consistently presented to a high standard
- Serving afternoon tea, casual dining menu and beverages to the required standard
- Stock rotation ensuring requisitions are completed and any shortages logged accordingly
- Ensure the appropriate glassware and crockery is available for service periods
- Ensure the correct charging procedure and end of day cashing up procedures are adhered to
Experience and skills required for a Bar and Lounge Waiter
- Experience in a comparable role within a similar property (4 red star/5*)
- In depth knowledge of alcoholic beverages, liqueurs and cigars
- Knowledge of Licensing Laws, weights and measures
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and guests in a professional manner
- Ability to manage a small team
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Team player
- Passionate about guest service
- Proactive learner with initiative
We are offering a full time role, working 48 hours over 5 days including evenings, weekends and Bank/Public Holidays. Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport.
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free car parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including cookery school, equestrian centre, spa treatments and retail, dining at the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Complimentary room nights for length of service
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday, with additional holiday days for length of service
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you can show via your CV that you have the right experience and background for this role we would love to hear from you. Please send your current CV and a covering letter with salary expectations.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.