Brasserie Manager - Chippenham
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and charismatic Brasserie Manager to manage the 2 rosette Brasserie at Lucknam Park Hotel.
The Brasserie attracts guests and non-residents who want to enjoy a less formal dining experience with us between the hours of 7am and 10pm. It hosts a number of Spa members each day who enjoy a leisurely breakfast, morning coffee or afternoon tea. Our ideal Brasserie Manager will be passionate about delivering a consistently excellent level of service and enjoy hosting front of house.
Some of the responsibilities of the Brasserie Manager are:
- Ensuring the Brasserie is cleaned and presented to a high standard at all times
- Ensuring service periods run smoothly and staffing levels are relevant
- Ensuring there is a strong relationship with the kitchen team
- Weekly rostering of staff
- Recruiting, training and appraising staff members
- Implementing revenue generating ideas and contributing to the calendar of events
- Stock levels – beverages, crockery, cutlery, utensils etc are all monitored and accounted for
- Monthly stocktake – responsibility for the figures
- Ensure the correct charging procedure and end of day cashing up procedures are adhered to
- Ensure the department is compliant with the H&S and Food Safety policies
Experience and skills required for a Brasserie Manager:
- Minimum requirement - experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager or Head Waiter in a comparable property – minimum 2 rosette
- Knowledge of beverages and fresh food
- Knowledge of Licensing Laws, weights and measures – Personal Licence would be an advantage
- Experience of recruiting and training team members
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and guests in a professional manner
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Team player
- Passionate about guest service
- Proactive learner with initiative
- Awareness of the local market/competitors
We are offering a competitive salary, dependant on experience, for a full time role, working 48 hours over 5 days including evenings, weekends and Bank/Public Holidays. Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport to enable you to fulfil the shifts required for this role.
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Use of spa (including discounted treatments) equestrian centre, and restaurants
- Discounts on facilities and products
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday
THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
If you can show via your CV that you have the right experience and background for this role we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter with details of your salary expectations and what you think you could contribute to the success of Lucknam Park.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.