Pastry Chef - Hotel du Vin, Henley
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the delivery of a high standard of food to our guests.
• You will be required to develop the commis chefs and as part of the role you will be expected to maintain standards of food hygiene and health and safety.
• You will specialize in the pastry section of the kitchen in this role. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
• Pastry Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
• Experience in a similar position is necessary and we are looking for commitment and dedication.
We are offering a competitive salary plus / including service charge and an award winning benefit package including:
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes including the AAA programme for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
A brewery for 300 years, we've re-incarnated this cluster of historic listed buildings to create one of the most striking hotels in Henley-on-Thames. Enhancing its charming, original period detail... exposed beams and brickwork... while adding our own contemporary sparkle. Take a leisurely lunch al fresco in the central courtyard or sample some hearty, seasonal dishes in our trademark bistro. Enjoy a glass of the finest fizz in the light and airy Champagne bar or your favourite tipple at the pewter topped bar, with over 600 wines to sample in the wine cellar. Visit our cosy cigar Bothy or relax on our comfy sofas for a nightcap under low beams in the Snug. You can even celebrate a private party, family celebration or wedding in a unique function room at Hotel du Vin Henley. Then escape to the sanctuary of one of our 43 beautifully furnished rooms to find a custom-made bed, hand-sprung mattress, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen, fluffy towels and robes, monsoon shower or roll top bath. Hotel du Vin Henley - come mess about on the river.