Food & Beverage Assistant - Liphook
Champneys Health Resort Forest Mere
Job Description: Food & Beverage Assistant/ Waiter/ Waiteress
Reports to: F&B Manager, Assistant F&B Manager and F&B Supervisors
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
To give a high standard of food and beverage service and providing a fine dining experience to Champneys guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the restaurant, bar and room service in accordance with the requirements and practices of the food and beverage department.
- To prepare all mise-en-place required for the tables and stations before each service.
- Undertaking cleaning and tidying of service and pantry areas before, during and after the service.
- Fully laying and clearing away of tables.
- To gain working knowledge of calorific values and basic nutrition in order to advise guests on diet.
- To have a working knowledge of each day’s menus in order to answer guests queries.
- Laying out of the buffet and maintaining it during the service periods including ensuring correct labelling of food.
- Restocking of wine fridges as required.
- To be pleasant and helpful to guests without familiarity.
- Taking bookings for all meals.
- To deal with guests comments and complaints initially and report these to the person in charge.
- To inform the person in charge of any non-resident guests or club members using the restaurant (so that they can be billed).
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance (full uniform must be worn whilst on duty).
- Upselling where possible
- Communicating effectively with other departments especially the Kitchen.
- Responsible for reporting any health and safety hazards, immediately to the senior person on duty.
- Responsible for attending all departmental and training meetings when required including pre-service briefings.
- To assist with the setting up and service of additional functions/parties when required.
- To work towards the objectives of the Restaurant, Resort and Champneys.
- To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
- Adhering to health and safety standards in the restaurant and action/report any hazards as necessary.
- Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of the service areas.
- Food hygiene certificate, training can be given.
- Working in a high quality restaurant.
- Strong customer service
- Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
- Attention to detail
Knowledge and Understanding
- Nutritional and Allergy requirements
- Have a working knowledge of the Champneys approach to healthy eating in order to advise guests and answer queries
- Full understanding and knowledge of the menu.
- Must have a passion and love for food.
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.