Bar Supervisor - Southampton
Banana Wharf Bar Supervisor needed.
Banana Wharf is looking for an experienced bar supervisor, part of Delicious Dining which comprises 12 of Hampshire's finest restaurants, bars and boutique hotels which are born from a unique and prestigious heritage of the leading independent leisure group in Hampshire & Dorset with each having an enviable reputation for fine food and drink served in superb surroundings with each restaurant and bar having its own unique concept.
All of our Banana Wharf restaurants are situated on the waterfront hence our tagline ‘meet, drink & eat by the water’. Banana Wharf takes great pride in the quality of the local fresh food we serve, the diversity of our menu and the attentive friendly staff we employ. Our customers expect a great experience every time they visit a Banana Wharf Restaurant & Bar and together as a team it's our job to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met and hopefully exceeded every time they visit.
As a Bar Supervisor at Banana Wharf, it will be your responsibility to ensure team members are mentored and supported to deliver a prompt, friendly and efficient service at all times - which means you'll need to be a confident leader and communicator whose standards are as high as ours.
A customer facing role means being on show - smart appearance is essential along with a warm welcoming smile as you make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed.
Main duties and responsibilities to include:
- To lead and coordinate an efficient and courteous service to the company core standards.
- To have a complete knowledge of the drink selections we have and know the cocktail, wine and food menus and be able to make suggestions
- Mentor the team in product up selling to increase revenue.
- Provide training to new members of the team to company standards, to include using the epos system, product training, daily procedures and drink specifications
- To have sole responsibility in the day to day and deep cleaning of the bar and cellar areas.
- To have an input into any drink/cocktail menus that are produced or re-designed
If you feel that you are ready for a new challenge and you have the skills to enhance our business then we would like to hear from you. Please email with a reference of Bar Supervisor.