Pool Attendant / Cleaner - Cardiff
Pool Attendant - Cleaner - Role Summary
Reporting to: Leisure Club Operations Manager, Team Leaders
Direct reports: None
Only read on if;
- You’re passionate about the Leisure industry and great customer service
- Want to inspire and drive a team to really excel and deliver fantastic service and a key profit stream within our business
by ……………ensuring a memorable experience for every guest, every time!
We are currently recruiting for a Leisure Cleaner/Pool Attendant to join our highly successful team in our Leisure Team at Village Hotel Cardiff. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
We’re no ordinary hotel business. VILLAGE hotels, is a unique concept. Ours is a design-led, aspirational and multi-faceted product, attractive to a diverse customer base where locals are as valued as corporate and leisure guests and we strive to consistently deliver “more than” to our guests.
Work out, max out, chill out…that’s what we encourage at VILLAGE. It’s about a way of life where VILLAGE health and fitness offers a unique fitness experience which stands out from the rest. It’s not a typical hotel gym that’s quiet, airy, lifeless and formal, where people feel intimidated or embarrassed. Members come from the local community and business sectors to spend their leisure time working out and enjoying the many benefits of being a member at VILLAGE.
VILLAGE health and fitness has a very modern feel with over 70 pieces of state of the art equipment, a minimum of 20 metre pool, extensive classes, personal training, kinesis walls, retail shops and generous leisure and hotel discounts, all rolled into what we call “Real Results”, our amazing members programme allowing members to get the very most out of there membership.
You are a key link in the chain that joins up great staff with memorable customer service. Within our extensive leisure facilities, ensure all equipment and areas are maintained at a hygienic and safe level (including male & female changing rooms). Assist the Leisure Team to create a welcoming environment for our members and residents
Our Leisure Club Members visit us several times a week and can relax in the knowledge that our changing rooms are squeaky clean. You’ll be part of a team, all focused on hygiene and safety.
Also responsible for Pool Side Attendance in accordance with STA guidelines, providing visual poolside life guarding throughout the day, responding to poolside alarms and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Responsible for - Operations
- Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required.
- Maintain poolside cover as appropriate during shift.
- Respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
- Carry out routine and periodic cleaning to areas, as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas.
- Have knowledge of the COSHH regulations in relation to cleaning materials, ensuring that all materials are used and stored in compliance with these regulations.
- Check Leisure Club Areas to ensure they are cleaned and all “extras” are in place in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Deal with items of lost property in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Have knowledge of and operate emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- Report, immediately, to the Leisure Club Team Leader, any damage, wear and tear, or defects
- All Leisure Club Areas
- In public areas
- In cleaning equipment e.g. vacuum cleaners, trolleys
- Assist guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, as required.
- Respect guests’ privacy at all times.
- To support team members by providing assistance when required
- Assist the Leisure Club Team Members in the effective running of the department
- Support other hotel departments in designated duties, when required
- Presentation and standards – The leisure club meets and exceeds statutory requirements and should always comply with standard operating procedures and equipment should be maintained and any defaults reported. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times.
- A Great Customer Experience – ensure the leisure club is always ready to welcome members delivering the highest possible standard of cleanliness and customer service so that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club. Assist members and guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Product knowledge – be aware of all activates in the club to be able to answer questions correctly. Deal with enquiries in a prompt professional manner. Offer advice on facilities e.g. opening times. Assist members and guests as required.
- Communications – report any defects on equipment to maintenance department and ensure communication with the Leisure Club team is clear to be passed onto leisure club members. Attend team meetings when required. Feed back leisure club members comments productively and constructively where necessary.
- Leisure Club Performance – support the leisure Club Manager and leisure team to deliver the best possible experience to all leisure Club Members and guests. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork.
- Statutory compliance & Pool Safety – achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of cleanliness and Health & Safety. Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures. Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required & respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
- STA Pool Attendant Qualified or equivalent.
- Experience within a customer facing environment.
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to use tact and discretion.
- Understands the need for confidentiality.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Sense of humour
- ‘No problem’ mentality