Chef Manager - Coupar Angus
Chef Manager – Contract Catering - B&I - Job Summary
Great opportunity to join one of the UK's most innovative catering and hospitality organisations in an exciting and challenging role as a Chef Manager. My client is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Chef Manager who wishes to pursue a career within an organisation which offers progression and development. A ˜fresh food focussed' role, which will require the successful candidate to be flexible in approach, having a sound understanding of managerial responsibilities and the desire to build on existing quality standards.
My client is one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality specialists. They operate across a variety of sectors providing mostly catering and hospitality services.
Chef Manager – Contract Catering - B&I - Role Responsibility
As a Chef Manager you will be in full control of all aspects of the catering facility, including food production and generating ideas to build on the existing food offering. You will also have to liaise with, and build excellent relationships with various stakeholders and you will need to manage your business area effectively and ensure the best service and fresh food is being delivered at all times.
In the capacity of a Chef Manager you will:
- Build, develop and motivate your team to deliver the very best service and quality to the client
- Have excellent front of house standards coupled with exceptional communication skills
- Preparing and serving exceptional food from fresh ingredients
- Menu planning and production
- Be knowledgeable about all health, safety & hygiene matters and drive these high standards through the team
- Maximise profit and business opportunities within your contract
- Develop the service offer and client relationship to grow the business areas covered under the contract
- Be fully P&L accountable and be able to manage cost and resources to deliver profit and margin targets
- Ensure all of your team is engaged, motivated and passionate about delivering the service that is expected
Chef Manager – Contract Catering - B&I - The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to develop and motivate a team
- NVQ Level 1/2 in food preperation
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Results orientated with impeccable standards around quality, service and presentation
- Substantial experience in school catering
- Computer literate, numerate with very good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Previous Management experience within a food-led business- preferably contract catering
- Planning and organising skills
- Excellent attention to detail and standards
- Proven track record in the commercial food and beverage hospitality sector
- Leadership skills with the ability to demonstrate a hands on approach to your work
- Excellent customer care skills Is positive, articulate and polished, and knows how to professionally interact with clients within their environment
- Expert at adapting style and behaviour to meet the needs of the situation
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.