Hall Porter - East Sussex
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex, now has an exciting opportunity available for a Hall Porter Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade Two listed country house hotel set in 186 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland on the edge of the Ashdown Forest, 5 miles from the local town of East Grinstead and 17 miles from Gatwick Airport. An award-winning AA 4 red star Hotel which has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its Anderida Restaurant as well as a 'Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015', Green Tourism Business Scheme Silver accreditation and numerous other awards.
If you have a polite and friendly manner, and like working in the hotel industry or want to start in the Hotel Industry this job will suit you well. As Hall Porter you will be based in the front hall, a hive of activity of this luxury hotel. The Hall Porter position is based within the Front of House team and you will find yourself in the front-line dealing with the guests when they arrive at the hotel. You shall be required to assist them with their luggage and ensure that they are made comfortable during their stay. You will be on hand to answer any guest queries and provide guests with information such as local restaurants, local tourism and transport needs from a train to a chauffer-driven car.
This is a very customer focused position and will require you to think on your feet. Good verbal and written English skills are essential. As Hall Porter you will need to be polite, well groomed with a keen attention to detail and have good interpersonal and problem solving skills. A full Driving License would be advantageous along with customer service experience. You will be working 5 days a week on a 7 day rota.
This is a live out role.
As an Investor In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and dry cleaned
- Free car parking