Member Services Manager (London) - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
Are you the ultimate professional with a great passion to deliver exceptional & efficient service?
We’re looking for a Member Services Manager to manage the daily operations of the Front of House function, ensuring every member receives a great experience in the club. You’ll also respond to all member feedback and positively influence retention levels, maintaining excellent levels of service.
- Managing our bustling Front of House (FOH) department, ensuring the function runs efficiently & supports the wider club operations whilst providing exceptional customer service.
- Daily management of the FOH team including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s & payroll.
- FOH Management duties including weekly banking, maintenance of the computer and phone systems, and monitoring/reporting procedures.
- Dealing with all member enquiries & feedback regarding their membership & club services via email, phone & face to face, ensuring excellent member experience.
- Maintaining accurate & secure records of member details and to ensure prompt & accurate collection of their fees.
- To deliver service recovery where necessary and to positively influence retention levels by proactively engaging with members about their usage levels.
- Complete at least one Service (Duty) Manager shift per week; opening or closing the club & being the responsible Manager whilst on shift.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business Shift times vary to suit club operation and will typically be (10am-7pm), however in addition to this will include at least one ‘early’ (5.30am start) or (11pm closes) Service Manager shift.
What we can’t live without:
Organised & proactive, we’re looking for someone who can work well under pressure & thrives on meeting targets & continually improving standards.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Experience in a customer focussed role with a smart & professional manner.
- Strong administration skills, highly numerate & a real flair for effective correspondence alongside confidence with PC & Office programmes and ability to work with in-house systems
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to build rapport with all levels in every capacity, responding positively even to the toughest challenge.
- Previous supervisory experience, with the ability to really lead a team to succeed.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting (required for Service Manager shifts).
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Great development with the ability to apply for our Future Leader’s Programme
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Holiday & pension contributions
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.