Maintenance Technician - London
Overview / Purpose of Role
To ensure that the facilities; reactive Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and lifecycle maintenance programmes are carried out in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
The post holder reports to Facilities Manager, and will work closely with site operations team and other key stakeholders.
The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, keeping up to date & accurate records.
- Follow agreed repair and maintenance schedule
- Carry out jobs as per the weekly job schedule
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements inclusive of PPE and Working at Heights
- Work as part of the wider team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to customers.
- Manage all reactive issues reported via relevant system.
- Carry out any other ad hoc maintenance works as instructed by line manager.
- Duties exclude specialist areas of works
- The Maintenance Technician will not carry out works if not trained on how to do so
Protecting Staff and Services
Adherence to Health and Safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
The criteria listed in this Person Specification are all essential to the job.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment.
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to maintain service delivery.
- Post holder will be responsible for all tools, equipment and uniform provided and upon leaving the business should be returned do activeNewham