General Manager - Baker Street
Restaurant General Manager
Salary £28000- 36000
£28-36k (experience & location dependent) + benefits + bonus
Who we are and what we do
We’re YO! Sushi - we’re all about fast and fresh Japanese food, served up daily in a cool Tokyo-style conveyor-belt restaurant. We’re all about our people, too, and we’re dedicated to looking after them. As part of our team you’ll get real responsibility from the start, taking centre stage as team leader and master of ceremonies for your YO! Sushi restaurant.
Who we’re looking for
Restaurant experience is important to us, but you don’t need to be a sushi expert yet - we’ll give you training so you can learn more about the world of Asian cuisine. What’s really important is that you have a passion for people - both the individuals in your team, who you’ll coach and develop, and the people who visit our restaurants. You’ll take pleasure in making sure all guests receive top-notch, feel-good customer service, from first greeting to a warm see you next time. You also need to be passionate about running a business, with a sixth sense for profitability, maestro-level multi-tasking skills and the nous to make sound calls on business decisions.
Our general managers keep their teams motivated and our customers happy, but at YO! Sushi we go way beyond that. With us, it’s all about development. Put your heart and soul into nurturing, mentoring and developing each member of your team, and you’ll get that energy back ten-fold from us when it comes to training opportunities, new skills, and chances to take on new responsibilities.
Why it’s great to work here
Being a general manager in one of our restaurants means:
- using your leadership skills to run a dazzling, vibrant restaurant shift after shift
- working with a warm and cohesive team of individuals with a mix of skills and talents you can help develop
- enjoying a lively, friendly atmosphere and a great work-life balance
- getting the chance to develop your management skills and attend an amazing range of training sessions and skills sessions
- getting your voice heard - we have a flat structure with a free flow of ideas, and we make sure everyone gets their say, from junior team members to the CEO
- The chance to grow, we take peoples careers seriously and like to home grow our talent
To succeed here you’ll need
- several years’ experience as a general manager in catering and hospitality or a similar industry
- a strong instinct for the commercial side, and always be looking for ways to drive sales and boost the business
- natural leadership qualities, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think fast
- great communication skills so you can lead and inspire a team and delight our customers
- the ability to live and breathe budgets, labour controls and forecasting
Plus, all YO! Sushi staff receive…
- free food at every shift
- access to a great bonus scheme
- 50% discount at all Yo! restaurants
With us, your first role isn’t usually your last - we promote from within and always look to develop our best and brightest managers. Will you be one of them?