Lifeguard (Training Provided) - London
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Are you responsible, dedicated and looking for your first step into the Leisure Industry?
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals with a strong swimming ability to join us as Lifeguards. Qualifications aren’t necessary (but of course if you’ve got one, that’s an added bonus!), as we’ll put you on our in-house course, and fully support you through this to obtain your Lifeguard qualification and start work with us.
Once qualified, you’ll be ensuring swimmers are safe and happy in the pool area by taking responsibility for the health and safety of our Club members and ensure all our poolside activities are promoted and run effectively to deliver a 5* service.
- Supervision of our members within the pool & surrounding areas, to ensure safety at all times.
- Enthusiastically engage with our members, providing an exceptional customer service experience and representation of the Club.
- Be dedicated to promoting and running effective poolside activities to create a fantastic experience & atmosphere for members.
- Proactively carry out daily checks such as water temperature & equipment storage, ensuring the company standard is maintained to the highest level.
- Taking pride in poolside surroundings, by conducting cleaning duties to ensure safety, hygiene & pleasant area at all times.
- Additional activities to support club operation where required.
What we can’t live without…
Confident in your swimming ability and to ensure our swimmers are safe and happy at all times; you’re also keen to make the most of your qualifications (once you’ve passed the course with us) and your experience in a quality driven environment.
Specific requirements of successful candidate:
- Strong swimming ability is a must and willingness to take the course (we’ll fund this) or;
- Current Lifeguard qualification and fully registered with either:
o RLSS- IQL National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
o HABC Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (QCF).
o STA Professional Award for Pool Lifeguard (QCF)
- Strong communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment and able to respond appropriately and efficiently to member feedback.
- A friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively, should the need arise.
This role is part time. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (6.15am starts) , 'lates' (11pm closes) and weekends (7.45am starts/8.30pm closes).