Regional Financial Controller - Berkshire
Regional Financial Controller
Location: Ascot, Berkshire
Salary: £55,000 per annum + Company benefits
Report: 4 Property Financial Controller
Position level: Senior Management
In this group role, you will be a key member of the Senior Management team, reporting to the Director Finance. We are looking for a man-manager with excellent communication, interpersonal and numeral skills. This exciting opportunity is a full time, permanent position which will cover a cluster of 4 properties.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maximise the profitability of the business through commercial awareness and input into the key strategic decision making processes.
- To ensure effective and timely communication of business performance and opportunities to all levels of management within the organization`s processes and timelines.
- To analyse key performance indicators, benchmark and P&L reports with a view to making recommendations to optimise the business performance.
- To participate in the month end accounts processes in conjunction with central services, as per company policies and procedures, ensuring preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
- To promote and develop a culture and awareness of risk management and strong internal controls throughout the business.
- To manage the finance team in the delivery of the finance function, serving internal and external customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION:
- Should be able to prioritise, work to deadlines and act on their initiative.
- Will possess essential education to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Will have excellent level of business English.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Will be able to demonstrate understanding & interpretation of financial reports.
- Will possess excellent attention to detail, organised and can work to strict deadlines.
- Will have experience in team development.
- Will have commercial understanding and awareness.
- Will have proven competence in the use of accounting and PMS systems.
- Will have experience of Fidelio/Opera, Micros and SAP.
- Will have experience of dealing with budgets and forecasts.
- Will possess good IT skills in Office applications.
- Will have a good understanding of the hospitality industry and is able and willing to contribute to the Group Finance Agenda.