Travel Sales Support Consultant - Luton
Travel Sales Support Consultant
Broadway Travel are an experienced on-line travel agency who have been successfully providing great holidays since 1948.
At Broadway Travel we are committed to providing customers with a superb service from their initial enquiry right through our booking process to receiving their travel documents.
We are looking for an experienced new member to join our growing Customer Service Department. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful expanding Company.
Employment Type: Permanent - Full time
Hours: Monday to Saturday; Rota basis – 40 hours with 1 hour paid lunch.
Salary: Competitive salary
Holiday: 20 days per year, plus statutory holidays rising to 25 days per year, plus statutory holidays after 5 full years of employment.
The main focus of the role will be to assist customer’s telephone enquiries whilst maximizing all sales opportunities and providing an excellent standard of customer service at all times.
- To manage clients telephone enquiries, and communicate with clients in a professional, courteous & friendly manner in order to deliver an excellent service
- To focus on maximising all sales opportunities through customer interaction and following up all quotes to secure sales of ancillary products (airport hotel, airport lounge, car parking, additional luggage, pre-booked or upgraded seats, sports equipment, car hire, transfers, insurance, excursions and tours etc.)
- Overseeing emails accordingly to priority levels and sequence, responding appropriately where required
- Contribute to team profit through achieving individual set targets
- To take client payments (both part and full balances) and process correctly on system
- To provide support to clients if they wish to amend their booking after it has been confirmed and quote the correct price for name amendments, pre booked seats, golf clubs etc.
- Ensure notes are put on all bookings detailing any quotes or conversations with clients or suppliers.
- To complete daily tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify, take ownership and resolve customer queries in a timely manner.
You will have proven experience working in a fast paced environment in a role that requires excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail. You must have experience of working within the travel industry.
- Exceptional customer services skills with at least 1 year’s recent experience of working within the travel industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced contact centre environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent listening and empathetic skills with the ability to anticipate customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility in approach to working tasks and business needs, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent self-motivational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft packages – e.g. Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work across all levels and functions of the department.
- Resilience to deal with complex queries in a fast paced environment.
To apply for this role, please attach a CV and covering letter along with your salary expectations.