Assistant General Manager - London
Ask For Janice is an all day affair, showcasing our love and passion for quality food, drink and service in a laid back setting. We have a keen focus on seasonality and hand foraged ingredients which we celebrate in our regularly changing food and cocktail menus.
We're looking for a committed and exciting AGM to join the team.
The Assistant General Manager will assist the General Manager in the day to day running of Ask For Janice.
You’ll report directly to your General Manager and Area Manager and be tasked with the following:
- Maintaining the service standards at Ask For Janice and leading your team from the front.
- Assisting the GM in effectively controlling stock and ordering.
- Assisting the GM in the creating of rotas and the control of your labour budget.
- Working with your GM and Training Manager to oversee the development and retention of your team.
- Supervising shifts and ensuring the correct procedures are followed at open and close.
- Creating a fantastic atmosphere at Ask For Janice.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
We want to work with people who are passionate about a career in food and drink. Ideally, our new AGMs have the following qualities:
- Impeccable presentation with personal style.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Passion for good service and a genuine desire to look after people.
- The ability to motivate, lead from the front and work well with your GM to maintain standards.
- A good understanding of Back Of House procedures and working to deadlines
- An appetite for good food and drink and an understanding of the London hospitality scene.
We’re looking for someone with energy, ambition and a serious drive to have fun and get the job done. Our AGMs are hospitality professionals who we invest in, look after and take with us as our business grows.
This role is available for immediate start. All applicants must have a good command of English and the right to work in the UK.
Get in touch with a CV and cover letter. Good luck!