Part Time Lifeguard - Lutterworth Sports Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Lutterworth Sports Centre is managed by the Harborough District Leisure Trust in partnership with Serco Leisure Operating Limited and have a strong commitment to health, safety and quality and to the environment.
We are currently recruiting 4 part time Lifeguards (Recreation Assistant) to work at Lutterworth Sports Centre. Lifeguards will be responsible for the supervision of the pool area and other leisure related duties.
Working Hours: 4 hours per week, 16:00pm – 10:00pm between Monday to Friday
* Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety by preventing accidents and incidents and taking appropriate action in those events
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety
* Undertake cleaning tasks and monitor standards of cleanliness
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are dealt with or reported
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) (Essential)
* A First Aid at Work Certificate and/or a Pool Plant Operators Certificate (Desirable)
* Experience of working within a similar service led or leisure operation
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
Some of the benefits of working for Serco at Harborough Leisure Centre are:
* Free use of all the facilities at the Centre
* Development and Training Opportunities
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme
If you fit the criteria above, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.