Kitchen Team Member - Portsmouth
Big breakfasts, light lunches, juicy burgers, crispy salads, mixed grills and tasty treats – being a Kitchen Team Member with Yates isn’t like being Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver. That’s said we have much more fun, a laugh and a joke. A work hard, play hard attitude glued together by team work. It’s a tough job, busy shift after busy shift, steamy, greasy and sweaty! I don’t want to put you off the job but if you can stand the heat – get into our kitchen!
You do not necessarily need any experience but you do need to be able to demonstrate that you are a great team player as well as being able to work unsupervised during busy times and keen to learn. Joining our team as a Kitchen Team Member with Stonegate will give you the opportunity to develop important skills such as:
- Communication skills by listening to customers, engaging and building a rapport with them and by dealing with challenging people and situations
- Experience of working under pressure including managing a workload at busy times
- Developing an understanding of customer needs and using this knowledge to improve the business for example, passing on or responding to customers requests and suggestions
- Building a commercial awareness and the experience of working in a commercial environment
- Working with regulations such as health and safety and licensing laws, and making sure that colleagues understand them
In return we can offer you an award winning development programme and access to apprenticeships with 25% discount on food and drink for you and your entire party in all our pubs and venues. We have an employee benefits scheme which gives you discounts across hundreds of brands and services and a contributory pension scheme.