Events Supervisor - London
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
Under the direction of the M&E Operations Manager, you will help to supervise the Operations Team in the coordination of every last detail of your assigned events, to ensure they run flawlessly. You will be responsible for supervising the preparation and staging of your assigned event space, ensuing sufficient service equipment and stock is available and mise en place is arranged, AV/Technical equipment is installed and guests are familiar with how to use it and on hand to deal with any last minute issues that arise.
You will be responsible for supervisor those inevitable last minute changes to timings, numbers and/or itineraries with minimal fuss and professionalism ensuring these are communicated to all who need to know. You will monitor and control all aspects of the event to ensure the highest quality product and service standards are maintained.
You will of course be passionate about food and drink, with an exceptional knowledge on food, wine and beverages in order to help train and develop a knowledgeable team skilled in all aspects of F&B including the seamless delivery of service; from buffet lunches, Canapé parties to large sit down banquets and Weddings.
- A natural elegance for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm, whilst adding a touch of personality and theatre to the guests’ experience
- Proven experience in a similar M&E supervisory/management role is essential, ideally within a 5 star hotel or other high end establishment
- Exceptional organisational skills, a charismatic leadership style and flawless attention to detail are essential qualities to be successful in this role
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively connect with clients and colleagues -a fluent level of spoken and written English is essential
- Minimum intermediate competency in the Microsoft Office package is essential
- Naturally, your grooming and personal presentation will be immaculate
- On duty meal
- Weekly dry cleaning allowance
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicantsmust be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.