Fitness Instructor (Part Time) - Meopham Fitness & Tennis Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Located in the heart of Meopham, Meopham Tennis and Fitness Centre is a true community facility. Adjacent to Meopham Secondary School, we have a strong link with the pupils and the school. The centre is the ideal facility for the school to teach sport, health and fitness to their students. The centre provides a wide range of sports coaching and children`s activities and is second to none and along with the newly refurbished fitness suite, it really is suitable for the whole family.
We are currently looking to recruit a permanent Fitness Instructor to work on a part time basis. The key element of the Fitness Instructor`s role is to provide inspiring fitness coaching to customers and to provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects.
Tuesday 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Thursday 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Friday 3:00pm – 10:00pm alternate shifts
Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
* Provide clean, safe, warm, friendly and fun facilities
* Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers
* Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments in compliance with our internal policies
* Maintain full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly
* Adopt a pro-active approach to continuous service improvement
* Assist in achieving centre membership targets
* Contribute to retention strategies and referral campaigns
* Supervise all customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment
* Commitment to maintain REPs registration
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint
Skills and Experience:
* Level 2 REPS qualification or equivalent
* Qualifications in studio classes are desirable
* Previous experience as a gym instructor is desirable
* A high quality of customer service skills
* Ability to empathise and work with customers of all age groups and ability
* Health and safety awareness
* Ability to plan, market and promote classes.
If you have the skills and experience that is required please apply by uploading your CV in a PDF or word document.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.