Quality Assurance/ Tester & Site Support - Newcastle upon Tyne
Quality Assurance/Tester & Site Support
Broadway Travel are an experienced on-line travel agency who have been successfully providing great holidays since 1948.
At Broadway Travel we are committed to providing customers with a superb service from their initial enquiry right through our booking process to receiving their travel documents.
We are looking for an experienced new member to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful expanding Company.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Employment Type: Permanent - Full time
Hours: 40 hours with 1 hour paid lunch.
Salary: Competitive salary
Holiday: 20 days per year, plus statutory holidays rising to 25 days per year, plus statutory holidays after 5 full years of employment.
Testing of all new & existing developments, product, website updates and system integrations to company guidelines and standards. To manage the site support to ensure that all websites and supporting systems are operational and business ready at all times.
- Creation and development of test plans and test scripts that are comprehensive and fit for use.
- Execute test plan/s with meticulous detail to minimise buggy/defect code entering production environment.
- Maintaining daily website ‘health’ checks to ensure that all sites owned by Broadway Travel are operational and fit for purpose.
- To manage the preparation and creation of all required test plans and test scripts whether for daily site health checks or bespoke scripts for specific developments.
- To carry out robust & thorough testing on key developments and enhancements, ensuring that all work is as scoped when released to live.
- To ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained throughout the life span of the development from initial specification through to production and that it is released to live with minimal defects.
- To prepare and execute test plan/ scripts to test each development release/sprint and record the expected results both in the test and production environments following release.
- To carry out and manage daily website health checks to ensure that there are no issues.These should include, but are not limited to, supplier & product checks, site speed checks, costing & booking checks etc.
- To provide objective feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule/specification and the quality requirements.
- To provide estimates and feedback to line manager for project scheduling purposes.
- To assist with the creation of development specifications to ensure there is consistency in the quality and sign off process.
- Prepare and create any required supporting documentation to ensure all planned developments are carefully considered and approved commercially to ensure a positive ROI.
- Prepare and circulate any release associated documentation, e.g. release notes, bug sheets/reports.
- Liaise with development vendors to ensure they are producing code to a satisfactory standard.
- To assist in the management of the release/sprint schedule and ensure that all departments adhere to the development release process.
- Respond effectively to any day to day issues reported by users and staff that affect website or supplier interface performance and bring to a satisfactory resolution in a timely manner.
- Regularly meet with manager to discuss current performance.
- Attend internal/external meetings when required.
- Detailed knowledge and proven experience of the various types of test methods and processes including functional testing, system/black box testing, end-to-end testing, exploratory testing, acceptance testing.
- Experience of testing on different devices especially mobile.
- Experience of using Jira would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of XML and interpretation of the code used in applications.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work with exacting standards and a proven high attention to detail.
- Questioning and challenging approach to ensure all angles are considered.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to achieve results and drive performance improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain complex issues to all levels.
- Ability to manage time, work to deadlines, prioritise tasks whilst working in a fast paced environment
To apply for this role, please attach a CV and covering letter along with your salary expectations.