Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 plus KPI related Bonus
Reports to: Operations Manager
The boutique fitness industry is growing rapidly and as a leader in the sector (Tatler award winner two years running) Ten Health and Fitness is looking for an experienced Trainer and Studio/Gym Manager for either it’s West or Central studios.
We are looking for someone who wants a hands on Leadership role, within an exciting and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing committed person who is pro-active and wants to get involved. In running the studio you will be involved in every aspect of the business and responsible for the studio performance as well as teaching reformer pilates classes and leading from the front.
Your role is to ensure great customer care and service to all our clients. We want someone who lives our Brand values ‘Expert, Celebratory and People Driven’, is proven in delivering customer excellence, quality standards and committed to continuous improvement and staff development.
As a growing business we offer our staff development and career opportunities as well as great employee benefits package.
- To drive and deliver the operational excellence of the studios
- To drive and deliver the commercial performance of the studios, creating business opportunities and driving ‘community’ within the studios /local area
- Schedule management
- To teach around 15 classes per week and deliver PT sessions
- To drive and deliver the marketing activity for the studio working with the Marketing & PR team
- To recruit, train and develop your team - managing them to success: setting KPI/Monitoring via one to one’s and team meetings
- Managing staff rotas
- Manage freelances and ensuring they are part of the team
- Championing our Product, ensuring ‘excellence’ in delivery and working with Ten Academy team
- Delivering integration of our Circle of Care; working with the Physio and Nutrition teams
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service (NPS)
- To oversee all required reporting for Studio (i.e. payroll, end of month reporting, monitoring class numbers etc.).
- Fitness qualified – reps level 3; training will be provided in the TenAcademy of Dynamic Reformer Pilates
Person Specification - Experience
- Proven and successful track record of management experience (ideally within a leisure related industry, preferably within the health and fitness sector)
- Be passionate about customer service and be flexible and fair in the way you manage
- Be able to demonstrate a track record in;
- driving sales – commercial
- coordinating local marketing activity
- recruiting and managing a successful team
- Appraisal setting and consistency in people management
- Excellent Customer Service
- Actively participating in and passionate about fitness
- Class teaching and personal training experience
REPS level 3 personal training qualification
- You will have experience as a General Manager overseeing all business areas within a leisure facility or have substantial experience as a Fitness Manager or other similar operational function
- Pilates experience and qualification
- Common Sense
- Insightful – able to analyse behaviours and figures
- Ability to build relationships
- Team player / People driven
- Flexible / Ability to adapt
- Lead by example
- Well presented and well spoken, friendly and helpful
- Great work ethic
- Integrity /Honesty/Assertiveness
- Degree level / Management degree or equivalent experience
- Management experience– 2 year plus
If you see yourself as being part of a successful business, and leading the studio growth you should forward a CV and Cover Letter to Stephanie Burridge by applying below.