Swim Manager (Humberston) - Grimsby
SwimFit for Virgin Active……?
Are you passionate about swimming – willing to motivate our Swim Team and implement a world class swim programme?
We’re looking for a Manager to lead our team of Swim Teachers offering a range of classes from Parent and Baby right through to Swim Clubs, Water Polo and Adult lessons. You’ll be proactive, personable and enthusiastic about swimming. Indeed, nothing gives you greater pleasure than knowing you’re playing your part to help others reach their goals
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent level of teaching is delivered to our members, that exciting and engaging activities & lessons are being delivered at all times by leading the Swim Team to achieve a high standard, creating an exceptional experience for our members.
- Responsible for developing creative and innovative classes following the ASA National Swim Plan for Teaching Swimming.
- Providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all of our members within the pool & surrounding areas.
- Able to develop and implement successful methods of communication across the wider Club team and between your team members and parents.
- Line management of the team including recruitment, training and development, as well as rotas and payroll.
- Drive the department to meet all set targets and budgets, exceed commercial success by developing and training existing staff to Brand Standards.
- Accountable for successfully delivering financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
What we can’t live without…
To be successful, you’ll need a minimum Level 2 ASA or STA Full Swim Instructor qualification, and love swimming. Friendly and approachable, you’ll have strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- ASA Level 2/STA Full Swim Instructor Qualification, alongside knowledge of swimming and legal swim requirements.
- Experience in supervising and leading a team, with the passion to inspire and drive others to achieve and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
This role is Part time. working 15 hours. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; shifts will be variable across the Swim timetable over Club opening hours.