Luggage Porter - London
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
As a Luggage Porter you will become part of an exceptional service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us. Providing anticipative, yet unobtrusive service is an art and our skilful managers will be on hand to guide you through the process. Passion, knowledge and confidence are required trademarks for this position to successfully master the elegant delivery of our products and services.
Your primary duty will be to ensure that our guests receive a truly distinctive and timely luggage service, assisting them from the moment they arrive and ensuring their luggage is delivered personally to them. As a Luggage Porter, you will be one of our guests’ first points of contact, always seeking to expand your personal knowledge of London with the confidence to provide outstanding personal service. You will assist our guests with their queries, provide information on hotel services and most importantly as their host, ensure they feel welcome whilst they visit our energetic and vibrant city.
- With exceptional grooming, presentation and posture, it’s likely you’ll have a proven background within a luxury hospitality environment, ideally within a similar guest facing role or possibly from another department within the hotel looking for your first role within the Concierge department.
- Your communication skills will be strong with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Flexibility to work weekend shifts and the occasional evening shift
- A clean, valid UK drivers licence is highly desirable
- Competitive salary
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.