Demi Chef de Partie - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Demi Chef de Partie
Sopwell House Hotel – St Albans
Full time Position
Salary – Up to £16,000 gross per annum
Nestled within 12 acres of idyllic rural Hertfordshire countryside, Sopwell House is a four star country house hotel and spa, offering a luxury experience alongside impeccable service. Sopwell House comprises of 128 rooms and suites, 15 flexible function/meeting rooms, a Spa with 14 treatment rooms, a weights gym and techno - gym, two restaurants, a conservatory bar and cocktail lounge.
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a global collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, the team at Sopwell House go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable time.
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
To provide guests and visitors to Sopwell House with an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining the consistency and continuity and strive to continually improve.
- Prepare and present high quality food consistently to the level and standard required by the Executive Chef and within company guidelines
- To maintain the correct level of stock as set down by the Executive Chef and minimise wastage of any sort.
- Prepare all mis - en - place or all relevant menus
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
Essential Skills required for the role
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major
- At least 3 years of related work
- Experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5*
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Discounted Spa, Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- Tastecard upon 1 year Service