Banqueting Head Chef - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Banqueting Head Chef
Sopwell House Hotel – St Albans
Full time Position
Salary – Competitive
Nestled within 12 acres of idyllic rural Hertfordshire countryside, Sopwell House is a four star country house hotel and spa, offering a luxury experience alongside impeccable service. Sopwell House comprises of 128 rooms and suites, 15 flexible function/meeting rooms, a Spa with 14 treatment rooms, a weights gym and techno - gym, two restaurants, a conservatory bar and cocktail lounge.
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a global collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, the team at Sopwell House go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable time.
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
To provide guests and visitors to Sopwell House with an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining the consistency and continuity and strive to continually improve.
- Oversees the work of the banquet kitchen staff.
- Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
- Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each banquet.
- Meets with potential banquet clients to discuss menu options.
- Develops menus based on client specifications and contracts
- Presents the finished product to the customer for approval.
- Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
- Evaluates client satisfaction.
- Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to formal dinners with multi - course meals that are individually plated.
Essential Skills required for the role
- Must have the ability to multi - task while remaining focused on the goal.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
Do you have at least 3 years of •Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts, plus proven track records as a banquet chef experience?
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Free uniform
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates
- Professional learning and development opportunities