Reservations & Revenue Agent - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Reservations & Revenue Agent
Sopwell House Hotel – St Albans
Salary – £17,000 gross per annum + Benefits
Deep in the Hertfordshire countryside, with London virtually on the doorstep, Sopwell House is a hidden sanctuary for those who appreciate comfortable refinement and a real sense of freedom. Complementing this sumptuous environment, guests will be welcomed by the genuine warmth of our family - run hotel with its dedicated team and a host of sophisticated facilities and services.
Join an Exceptional Team of Enthusiastic People!
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a global collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, the team at Sopwell House go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable time.
Scope & General Purpose of Job
To provide an excellent and efficient customer service whilst maintaining the standards and maximise rooms revenue as well as all other Hotel outlets.
As a Reservations & Revenue Agent you will be responsible to maintain effective communication on all reservations made.
- Answer internal/external phone calls within 3 rings, in a professional manner and direct them if necessary to the relative person/department.
- Process and confirm guest booking and make reservations made by guests on the phone, letter or email for all hotel outlets such as:
F&B Outlets & Room service
- Ensuring all guests receive a standard email confirmation/cancellation for reservations/bookings on the same day and adhere to the company policy of 24hr reply.
- To ensure the integrity & accuracy of the data in the property management system.
- To work closely with all departments to maximise service opportunities & thereby increase revenues.
- We are looking for a passionate individual with a desire to provide excellent customer service and drive revenue.
- Computer literate with excellent communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English
- Previous hotel experience is essential
- Previous experience with Opera would be an advantage
- Experience within a similar role would be preferable
- Microsoft knowledge would be preferable
- Flexibility to work shift patterns, weekends and bank holidays
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday upon 1 year Service
- Long Service Loyalty rewards
- Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Annual Tastecard & Gourmet Society card upon 1 year Service
- Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Annual travel pass loan
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates