HR Administrator - St Albans, Hertfordshire
HR Administrator (Full time)
Sopwell House – St Albans Salary
Competitive + Excellent Company Benefits
Deep in the Hertfordshire countryside, with London virtually on the doorstep, Sopwell House is a hidden sanctuary for those who appreciate comfortable refinement and a real sense of freedom. Complementing this sumptuous environment, guests will be welcomed by the genuine warmth of our family - run hotel with its dedicated team and a host of sophisticated facilities and services.
Join an Exceptional Team of Enthusiastic People!
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a global collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, the team at Sopwell House go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable time.
Scope & General Purpose of Job
The role of the Human Resources Administrator is to provide practical, confidential and administrative support to the Human Resources team and operational Departmental Managers from Sopwell House in relation to recruitment , processes & procedures , payroll & benefit, staff queries and at the same time building strong relationship to support the achievement of the group vision and goals.
- To maintain total confidentiality regarding all H uman resources issues and records at all times ;
- Act as a first point of contact for employee queries and subsequently respond to all internal and external queries in timely manner e.g. uniforms, lockers, holidays , staff discount forms, any other benefits;
- Support in the employer elation cases, e.g. arrange meetings, take minutes ;
- Maintain and update employee records at all times, including absences, sicknesses, lateness, appraisals, holidays, exit interviews;
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork such as offer letters/contracts/ identification documents are in the employee files within timely manner
- Provide statistical information as required by the Human Resources Officer and /or Group HR Manager;
- Assist the HR Officer with weekly, monthly and period review reports – e.g. joiners statistics, leavers statistics, holiday report, absenteeism statistic;
- Ensure that joiners and leavers are processed and the Account Manager is informed about any payroll queries, change of salaries, promotions within timely manner.
- Ensure all staff accommodation is managed effectively with the support of the staff house caretaker;
- Assist with any aspect of the recruitment process when necessary;
- To take on project work as directed by the Human Resources Officer and Group HR Manager – e.g. staff notice boards, staff activities, newsletter, Employee of the month celebrations; This list is not exhaustive.
The ideal HR Administrator candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Be proactive, flexible and have the ability to adapt to the changing business needs
- Be able to work to deadlines; prioritise work to meet the commercial needs of the business
- You will need strong organisation skills
- You will be a natural people person who will enjoy driving the development of others.
- You will need the ability to think commercially, with a d esire to deliver a great experience for both candidate and managers, and find new ways to deliver that experience
- You will have proven track record in HR within hospitality (essential)
- CIPD qualified or working towards desired but not essential
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Annual Tastecard & Gourmet Society Card
- Annual Travel Pass Loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Awards and Recognition programmes
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Free uniform
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates
- Professional learning and development opportunities