Leisure Cleaner - Edinburgh
We are currently recruiting for a Leisure Cleaner to join our highly successful team in our Village Hotel Club Edinburgh. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in Leisure then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
Twice a year we review all of our teams against our high performance behaviours
If you stand out as the best in these areas and show potential then you will quickly be spotted for future development.
We are passionate about developing talent.
Apart from this we offer some amazing benefits such as FREE Gym membership to our health and fitness club which includes state of the art gym equipment as well as discounted shopping and stays within our hotels.
To be successful in your application for the position of Leisure Cleaner, you must possess the following:
Responsible for - Operations
- Carry out Leisure cleaning tasks as required
- Respond to emergencies and take appropriate action
- Carry out routine and periodic cleaning to areas, as directed
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas
- Have knowledge of the COSHH regulations in relation to cleaning materials, ensuring that all materials are used and stored in compliance with these regulations
- Check Leisure Club Areas to ensure they are cleaned and all “extras” are in place in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Deal with items of lost property in accordance with hotel procedures
- Have knowledge of and operate emergency and security procedures in the hotel
- Report, immediately, to the Leisure Club Team Leader, any damage, wear and tear, or defects
- All Leisure Club Areas
- In public areas
- In cleaning equipment e.g. vacuum cleaners, trolleys
- Assist guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, as required
- Respect guests’ privacy at all times
- To support team members by providing assistance when required
- Assist the Leisure Club Team Members in the effective running of the department
- Support other hotel departments in designated duties, when required
- Presentation and standards – The leisure club meets and exceeds statutory requirements and should always comply with standard operating procedures and equipment should be maintained and any defaults reported. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times
- A Great Customer Experience – ensure the leisure club is always ready to welcome members delivering the highest possible standard of cleanliness and customer service so that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club. Assist members and guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Product knowledge – be aware of all activates in the club to be able to answer questions correctly. Deal with enquiries in a prompt professional manner. Offer advice on facilities e.g. opening times. Assist members and guests as required
- Communications – report any defects on equipment to maintenance department and ensure communication with the Leisure Club team is clear to be passed onto leisure club members. Attend team meetings when required. Feed back leisure club members comments productively and constructively where necessary
- Leisure Club Performance – support the leisure Club Manager and leisure team to deliver the best possible experience to all leisure Club Members and guests. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork
- Experience within a customer facing environment
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure
- Keen eye for detail
Early mornings and Early afternoons.