- Responsible for all hair appointments.
- If there are no appointments after finishing the regular side duties, the Chief Housekeeper can assign other duties related to housekeeping, depending on the vessel.
- Cleaning Captain’s, Hotel Manager’s and Cruise Director’s cabin daily, the cabins of Executive Chef, 2nd Captain and Engineer twice a week.
- The Hairdresser appointments have priority to the other housekeeping duties.
- On vessels with no Masseur in charge, the Hairdresser has to take over massage duties as per Hotel manager’s instructions as well and will not be assigned any Housekeeping duties.
- To guarantee smooth service operations in strict adherence to all relevant hygiene (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations in his/her assigned area
- Responsible for the careful handling of all equipment and machinery in the entire service
- Responsible for the cleaning of the assigned work area
- Other side duties: after Welcome and Farewell cocktail, the Hairdresser has to help at the bar; cleaning and polishing the glasses.
- Always available as contact for passengers regarding complaints and suggestions.
- Keep a log/report of all Hairdresser’s and Masseur’s appointments.
- Minimum age 21 years
- Flexible, trustworthy, efficient, reliable, able to work under pressure
- Creativity, cost and quality awareness
- Team player
- Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
- Integrity, good manners, well-groomed appearance
Qualification / Experience
- Qualified training as a Hairdresser, Master craftsman’s diploma
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Experience in managing complaints, living up to service
- Good educational background
- Fluent in spoken English and/or German, depending on the vessel
Area of responsibility
- In his/her assigned area of service, the Hairdresser is a competent specialist.
Deputy in case of absence
- Another Hairdresser, Masseur or Cabin Stewardess
Please understand that we do not return application documents.