Pastry Chef de Partie - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join our busy and highly successful team.
Our high profile Brasserie style restaurant, serves a modern international cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and organic produce. Working with the team you will create desserts, ice cream, cakes, and afternoon tea items for the restaurant, room service, and events. Working within the pastry team and taking instruction from the Head Chef, your main responsibility as Pastry Chef de Partie is to ensure exceptional standards and the delivery of quality dishes.
- Have a good command of the menu and the ingredients required
- Support the senior members of the kitchen team to create exquisite dishes that maintain Firmdale standards and continue to exceed our guest expectations
- Guide and oversee the Commis and Demi Chefs in their delivery of service and development
- Forward plan for booked events and afternoon teas
- Deliver orders in an efficient time
- Maintain strict health, safety and food hygiene standards
- Mise en place and stock control of your section
- Previous experience as a Pastry Chef or Demi Chef de Partie within a 5* hotel or luxury restaurant
- Knowledge of a variety of local and international desserts and correct methods of preparation
- Excellent team working skills
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exception standards
- Demonstrate a flair for producing exquisite dishes, and coming up with new and exciting concepts to contribute to menu planning and seasonal changes
- A passion for pastry and desserts
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Pastry Chef de Partie you will work 45 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Pastry Chef de Partie:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.