Room Attendant - Hotel du Vin, Edinburgh
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Too good to ‘turn down’… taking responsibility for ensuring that the rooms are cleaned to our standards during a guest stay or upon their departure Room Attendants will be required to style the rooms with an eye for detail and a passion for cleaning. You will be expected to work in a team to ensure the rooms are ready on time, styled to our standards and greeting our guests with a smile and warm welcome as they pass you on the corridors. Room Attendants have just as much interaction with our guests as any other staff member – so must be passionate about hospitality and delivering amazing service to our guests with a smile and personality.
Nestled deep in Edinburgh's Old Town this hotel in Edinburgh city centre was a former city asylum. Hotel du Vin and Bistro Edinburgh offers 47 timelessly styled bedrooms and suites, a trademark bistro and mezzanine bar, unique events rooms for business or private dining, cigar bothy, whisky snug, intriguing Laroche tasting room and an outstanding wine cellar. The historic capital has a wealth of iconic sites to visit, great shopping and of course, true Scottish hospitality. Just moments from the Royal Mile with the castle at the top and the Palace of Holyroodhouse at its foot, the recently reopened National Museum of Scotland and beside the open parkland of the meadows.