Luggage Porter - London
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Luggage Porter to join our highly successful team.
Your main responsibility as a Luggage Porter is to take direction from the Head Concierge, you will welcome and assist all of the guests to the hotel and help them with any enquiries and requests that they may have. Understanding what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and be able to exceed guest’s expectations is imperative to this role. You should have a warm, friendly and welcoming manner, and genuinely care about the guest experience.
As a Luggage Porter it is essential for you to have a full clean and valid driving licence which allows you to drive in the United Kingdom
- Complete descriptive and inspirational show arounds and rooming procedures for the guests
- Carry the guests luggage into the hotel and up to the allocated room
- Valet parking
- Ensure that the luggage room is tidy and organised
- Arrange transport for guests when required
- Help guests with directions and assist with any requests
- Be confident about new openings and ‘places to be seen’ in the local area
- To maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Cover night shifts when required
- Previous experience working as a Luggage Porter or Doorman in a 5* hotel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use your own initiative and to think outside the box to help solve problems
- Superb attention to detail
- Confident and warm personality
- A good approach to teamwork
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Luggage Porter you will be working 42 hours per week on 4 on 4 off rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Luggage Porter:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.