Senior Sous Chef - London
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Reference: FIRM-SENIORSOUS
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to join our join our busy and highly successful team.
Our high profile Brasserie style restaurant, serves modern international cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and organic produce. As Senior Sous Chef, you are an integral member of the senior kitchen team. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, career focused chef to take the next step and become part of a company renowned for quality menus and exceptional standards.
- Support the Head Chef in the running of daily operations, whilst ensuring the highest standard and quality of service is being consistently delivered
- Have a good command of the menu and the ingredients required
- Oversee kitchen preparations
- Ordering and stock control
- Assist with other senior management to produce exquisite dishes, and exciting new concepts to contribute to daily specials, menu planning and seasonal changes
- Maintain strict health and safety and food hygiene standards
- Writing detailed handover reports for the senior management team
- Manage the kitchen team and moral of the staff
- Previous experience as a Senior Sous Chef within a 5* hotel or luxury restaurant
- Knowledge of a variety of local and international food ingredients and correct methods of preparation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- A passion for food and a creative flair
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Senior Sous Chef you will work hours as required by the operation, on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Senior Sous Chef:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.