Waiter - Winchester
Waiter - Hotel du Vin, Winchester
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
The role involves taking responsibility for serving food and beverage with personality. You will be required to ensure all guests expectations are met during the restaurant experience and providing amazing hospitality to our guests. You will be expected to communicate with the chefs and other team members and manage a section within the restaurant ensuring all standards are met with attention to detail, creating memories of an experience that the guest will never forget.Waiters must be passionate about food and beverage and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests. Experience in a similar quality restaurant is beneficial but not necessary, however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
Take morning coffee or afternoon tea in our Bar 20, dine al fresco in the charming 18th century walled garden or enjoy hearty, classic French dishes and local flavours in the cool ambience of our trademark bistro, all within the walls of our hotel in Winchester. Taste the finest fizz or discover a wealth of wines with expert guidance from our Sommelier. Find a cosy nook to relax in the low-lit bar. Choose a cigar from the humidor and retire to the Cigar shack. Take advantage of the unique charms of the Ruinart room for an inspiring meeting, celebration or memorable wedding. And when the dream weaver beckons, we've 24 individually styled bedrooms to retire to. Big custom-made beds, hand sprung mattresses with Egyptian cotton bed linen, huge fluffy bath towels, drenching monsoon showers and roll top baths. It's a fairy tale ending to a fairy tale day.