Head Chef - Ship & Trades, Chatham
Pub/Hotel: Ship & Trades, Chatham
Head chef required for a busy high volume site in Chatham
Following our hugely successful one million pound development scheme and major increase in business demand, Shepherd Neame are pleased to be looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Ship & Trades, Chatham.
This new and exciting role will see you reporting into the Kitchen Manager, taking ownership for the day to day running of our busy high volume kitchen and large team of seventeen chefs.
We now have a full service restaurant and provide our customers with a vibrant and freshly cooked menu, so we need a proven Head Chef that can motivate our team and ensure that we operate a fast and effective kitchen service whilst maintaining excellent quality levels.
- Proven experience at a Kitchen Manager/Head Chef level.
- Experience running a high volume fast paced kitchen is vital in this role.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of seventeen staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is highly competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.