Junior Sous Chef - Malmaison, Reading
From our iconic buildings to the iconic dishes on our Brasserie menu, we dare to be different from other UK hotels. Our 12 exciting city centre hotels put our guests at the heart of the action, whether they're visiting for business or pleasure.
Malmaison is here to cater for those who demand something different. People who are looking for a stylish stay, daring dining or an impressive events venue. Depending on which Malmaison you choose, you may check in to a converted castle prison, hospital or even a royal mail sorting office. But the difference doesn't stop there. Each location is designed with flair and imagination, with sumptuous accommodation and daring touches around every corner.
And our team's unbridled passion for big events has made Malmaison one of the most popular choices for UK wedding venues.
Malmaison's 12 UK boutique hotels dare to be different.
Malmaison are one of Europe's leading hotel brands gaining a reputation for being at the cutting edge of hospitality today. We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a different way. We select our people from all walks of life but with one common thread, a desire to succeed in life through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues. We are growing in size and are in the search for the best talented people on the market, if you have these attributes and they are in your heart then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef to take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety.
Junior Sous Chef:
- You will be required to ensure that all menu dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard.
- You will be required to manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
- You will be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Junior Sous Chefs must be organised, an excellent communicator, a hands on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a similar quality restaurant is required and an excellent knowledge of food is necessary. You must have passion for hospitality, commitment and dedication.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum including / plus service charge and an award winning benefit package including -
- Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- 31 days holiday per annum.
- Chef whites provided and laundered.
- Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder such as the Sous Chef Development Programme and the academy. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Style and decadence is our mantra, and the moody lighting, roll-top baths and gigantic, soft beds are what make this one of the most sophisticated hotels in Reading. Take your pick from 75 fabulous rooms and suites and hop on the train to dreamland.Enjoy a refreshing cocktail in our chic Malbar, which specialises in providing some of the comfiest sofas and tastiest drinks in Reading; take your pick from our world-class wine list or selection of ice-cold beers, and settle back in this stylish, ambient bar in the heart of the hotel. A far cry from the so-so station tearooms of the past, our Brasserie specialises in locally sourced dishes with a contemporary French influence, including succulent steaks, mouth-watering Malburgers, country lamb and delicious, fresh seafood. Whether you're visiting Malmaison for romantic breaks or business meetings, this Reading hotel is a place where you'll want your encounter to last forever.